EME 2040: Blog Journal #8

     I learned several aspects from the Web Design assignment. I learned how to imbued my own calendar to a website and make changes as needed. Although it is not real life, this skill can be useful for my future career. I was able to make changes to the calendar, and it would automatically appear on the website. I was also able to find several academic resources that would help parents and students. I liked the design of my website, and I was able to create it according to my personality. For certain components, it was a bit difficult to navigate. For instance, I was not sure how to change certain fonts or colors. I had to use the elements on the left to understand how it worked. Link to Website

    I learned new skills while using Diigo. Although it only functions in Chrome, I have used the extension to annotate, book mark, and highlight the sources I have found. This application can be useful in my classroom, with team members, and in my individual professional efforts. I can use Diigo to interact with students in my classroom. We can all contribute to the group and post helpful links that relate to the weekly lessons. Team members can use Diigo to communicate with colleagues about upcoming meetings and events for the school. This is a great tool for team members to stay informed. Lastly, I can use Diigo in my own professional efforts as a future lawyer. I can have my employers download the Diigo extension to discuss the court cases. We can create several files with pleadings and e-filing documents. By doing this, we can stay organized and continue adding/making changes to the documents on file.

    Technology can be a great tool for teachers to use in the classroom. Specifically, the Internet provides access to teachers and students where they can find educational resources and share with the class. Kahoot is part of a technological tool that can be used as a study guide to test students' knowledge for an upcoming exam. This link provides educational Technology Trends that I can use to stay informed. Specifically, this link shares several ways to follow these trends. In particular, I found gamification to be a tool I would use with my students. This provides a fun way to practice skills via game-like mechanics. 

    

Comments

  1. Website Design Feedback:
    Hey Sofia, I checked out your website and I liked it - it was easy to navigate and nicely laid out. My only suggestion would be to add more color on your front page just so that its a bit more engaging. Good job:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Sofia! I loved taking a look at you teacher website. I think that you did a great job at making sure to abide by the CRAP website design principles which makes your website look clean and professional. The contrast of the dark red text across the white background helps the readability on the information for the website’s viewer. The repetition of the texts organization and fonts helps to make everything look very clean and concise. The same color used throughout also helps to create a clean look. The alignment throughout the website is done well as everything regarding the same subject is in line with each other which helps everything to look more organized throughout. With the proximity of like images and texts helps with the organizational aspect as well. The fact that everything is organized into sections helps to navigate the pages with ease.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment