EME 2040: Blog Journal #7

     I decided to observe the teacher website for my elementary school. On the website, there was not much public access to each teacher's page. However, the website was well organized and provided useful information for those who were interested in the school. Specifically, the website had a link titled, "Our Team." Here, viewers could meet the faculty and staff at the school. Although there was not a hyperlink to the teacher page, there were pictures provided for each individual who works at the school. There was contact information and schedules in order to meet the faculty and tour the school. Because I do not have log-in privileges, I was unable to view more information regarding the teacher pages. 

Link: OLL Faculty and Staff


    In the future, I envision myself using technology to accomplish my professional responsibilities more efficiently and effectively. For example, I plan to use teacher productivity tools such as Weebly and Wix. These tools allow me to create my own classroom website, so students and parents are able to access and find out important information about my class. In this website, I will provide a calendar that has due dates for homework and updates on quizzes and tests. I will also post my classroom policies, so students are aware of the rules. Furthermore, I will provide my contact information such as my school email and my office hours. I hope to reply within 24 hours, so students have ample time to have their questions answered.
   
    Personally, I had a difficult time with PBWorks for Assignment 2. My group was wonderful; however, as leader, I was responsible for making sure that all components were completed and posted correctly. It was difficult to navigate and understand. If needed, I will use PBWorks in the future as an educator. However,  I plan to use the simplest tool possible and make sure that my students follow the directions carefully and correctly. I will try to guide them as much as possible, so they can be successful in my classroom. I hope to use other wikis in the future that are easy to navigate. 


Comments