EME 2040 First Blog: About Me

     Hi everyone. My name is Sofia, and I am a senior at Florida State University. I am from Miami, Florida, and I have lived there my whole life. At FSU, I am majoring in English on the literature, media, and culture track, and I am minoring in education. I hope to attend law school once I graduate FSU in the spring. 

    I have used technology in an educational setting prior to taking this course. I take my laptop everyday to school, and I am constantly on Canvas where my professors post assignments. In addition, when I am home in Miami, I substitute at my local elementary school. When I substitute, I am given access to the absent teacher's computer, and I use his/her smart board. The smart board projects my computer screen, so that the students are able to view the lesson. It is a great tool to use for students at school. 

    I use several learning resources, both online and offline, in order to support my learning needs and goals. I believe Word and Excel are great learning resources where I am able to write essays, take notes, and create spreadsheets as needed. I also use the FSU online library whenever I need to find information for research papers. With these online tools, I am able to find sources that support my research and help me achieve my goals, whether inside or outside the classroom. 

Comments

  1. I agree with you that word and excel are two top resources for my educational needs, but for me more so on word and power point. I think it is very interesting that you are a substitute, that is something that I am looking at doing in the near future.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sofia! I think it is so cool you substitute back home at your local elementary school! I want to be a teacher so learning that makes me want to look for opportunities like yours!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment